Toyota Protection Plans
When getting a new or pre-owned vehicle, protecting your investment should be top of mind. Whether it’s a $5,000 or $100,000 vehicle, protecting your Toyota from the unexpected is a pretty good idea. From prepaid maintenance plans to tire and wheel protection, we help break down every protection plan that Toyota offers so you can make the executive decision as what plan, or plans, best suit your needs.
- Vehicle Service Agreements: There are three different agreement options with this plan; Powertrain, Gold, and Platinum. The powertrain agreement covers your Toyota’s engine, transmission, axle-assembly and other eligible components after your factory warranty expires. Additionally, you will receive 24/7 roadside assistance and reimbursements for covered vehicle rentals, meals, and lodging, flexible coverage terms for 6 years/100,000 total miles, and access to the nationwide Toyota service network. The Gold agreements offers eligible repairs and parts after your vehicle’s warranty expires, including parts not covered in the Powertrain plan. This plan offers the same roadside assistance coverage and Toyota service network as the Powertrain coverage, with the upgrade of offering 3 years/50,000 total vehicle miles to 8 years/125,000 total vehicle miles. The Platinum agreement offers the highest level of protection after your vehicle’s warranty expires, including parts not covered in the above agreements, as well as 3 years/50,000 total vehicle miles to 10 years/125,000 total vehicle miles, and access to the nationwide Toyota service network.
- Guaranteed Auto Protection, or GAP, can protect your vehicle from out-of-pocket costs if your vehicle is claimed as a total loss. “Guaranteed Auto Protection (GAP) waives or pays the balance (minus certain fees and charges) between the amount still owed on your finance or lease contract and your auto insurance settlement. If your car is declared a total loss through theft or accidental damage and you still owe more on your finance or lease contract, GAP may reduce or even eliminate your remaining balance.” Toyota’s GAP coverage will even cover up to $1,000 of your auto insurance deductible, if applicable.
- Prepaid Maintenance Plans offers your two options: Toyota Auto Care and ToyotaCare Plus. Toyota Auto Care covers oil changes and multi-point inspections up to 4 years or 55,000 miles, as well as 24-hour roadside assistance. ToyotaCare Plus covers oil and filter changes, multi-point inspections, tire rotations, and any services listed in your vehicle’s schedule maintenance guide ranging from 3 years or 35,000 miles to 5 years or 75,000 miles. Additionally, ToyotaCare Plus offers 24-hour roadside assistance.
- Tire and Wheel Protection allows you to drive with the confidence of knowing your tires and wheels are covered in the event of damage. The available options include Platinum, Platinum Plus, and Key Replacement Protection. The Platinum plan covers tire and wheels only, whereas Platinum Plus is the same coverage as Platinum with the added coverage of paintless dent repair and windshield repair. The Key Replacement Protection can be added to either of the above plans and provides the replacement of your key or key fob, lock-out assistance, towing assistance, transportation reimbursement, and replacement of additional non-programmable keys.
- Excess Wear and Use Protection covers qualifying excess wear and use charges at the end of your lease. This plan provides a simple claim process and high program limits. Enjoy your new Toyota lease without worrying about returning in your vehicle with additional charges due to certain dings and dents.
For more information on Toyota’s protection plans, visit Toyota Financial here.