Toyota and Scion 2010 model year vehicles are transitioning to a synthetic lubrication standard (SAE 0W-20). This transition keeps Toyota ahead of the latest emission requirements for auto manufacturers.
In addition to meeting emissions requirements, the shift to synthetic oils provides a number of benefits for Toyota drivers, including:
- Improved fuel economy
- Less frequent oil changes
- Greater engine protection
- Maximized emission performance on cold start-ups
- More environmentally-friendly recycling of waste oil
What you need to know:
- For new Toyota and Scion purchases, use 0W-20 oil for all oil changes
- With the new 0W-20 oil you only need to change your oil every 10,000 miles or 12 months, depending on operating conditions
- Your “Maintenance Required” light will still come on every 5,000 miles to remind you of other recommended maintenance
- It is still important to routinely check your vehicle’s oil level and regularly replace both the engine oil and the oil filter
For more information about the new 0W-20 oil or to have your vehicle serviced, contact Westboro Toyota at 888-336-4745.